- About Us
- Investment Opportunity
- Media Center
CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR
The purpose is to serve as a technical resource in the RS responsible for assisting in carrying out operational and value for money audits on all finances and accounts of the RS in relation to the internal control as a contribution to the proper, efficient and effective utilization of public resources
1. To provide relevant in puts for strategic audit plan and submit to the Regional Internal Auditor for further action.
2. To examine whether payments made comply with financial laws and regulations and in particular if payments are supported with payment vouchers and other relevant attachment.
3. To carry out a continuous examination of financial and accounting systems of the RS in order to check and balance inadequacies, inefficiency, ineffectiveness and unconformity to provisions of government financial regulations and accounting procedures.
4. To carry out a continuous audit in respect of revenue collection and ensure that monies collected are banked or otherwise accounted for as per government financial regulations and accounting procedures
5. To carry out a continuous audit in respect of all payments to check and balance shortfalls in terms of violation of approved budget, government regulations and accounting procedures.
6. To carry out a continuous examination on the procurement process in order to ascertain conformity to provisions of Public Procurement Act.
7. To physically verify all purchases and ensure that goods purchased and other properties are in safe custody, economically utilized and disposed.
8. To advise the Chief Internal Auditor on the ways to enforce compliance to government financial regulations and accounting and procurement procedures in case of observed violation, as well as proper utilization of funds.
9. To examine the values earned against the costs incurred in achieving performance outputs by comparing actual performance with expected performance and actual costs with target costs.
10. To submit sufficiently quickly financial control/audit reports to Chief Internal Auditor to enable relevant action(s) to be taken.
11. To carry out special investigations in accordance with annual audit plan and
12. To conduct regular payroll checks to determine whether or not all named staff therein are eligible and make recommendations for appropriate action.
13. To conduct regular checks to identify inaccurate records of wages paid to employees in order for corrective measures to be taken.
14. To coordinate regular checks to identify possible weakness which may allow fraud to occur and recommend appropriate corrective measures.
15. To provide an overall control to check whether all materials procured are accounted for as excessive, good, bad or scrap.
16. To check the record of the actual scrap and its value.
17. To check compliance to disposal procedures in order to ensure disposal is done by the authorized officer.
18. Any other duty as may be instructed by the Regional Administrative Secretary.