- About Us
- Investment Opportunity
- Media Center
ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (AAS)
The purpose is to coordinate activities of the section in order to build the technical capacity of the RS in supporting the administration, management and provision of education services cultural, youth, games, sports at all levels in the LGAs. The Regional Education Officer (REO) is the representative of the Commissioner for Education (CE) and in general the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training at all levels of Education and Training and has the prime
1. To ensure that the education policies, Laws governing education sector, and subsequent regulations are complied with accordingly;
2. To provide expertise and up to date advice to the RS on all matters relating to education and for the purpose of promoting efficiency in delivery of education service in LGAs and other providers;
3. To link and enable the RS work in partnership with LGAs and other providers to ensure the responsibility for the delivery and planning of education services is effective and efficient;
4. To coordinate activities for identification of capacity gaps and capacity building measures among education staff in the RS and LGAs basing on identified obstacles to education development.
5. To facilitate RS provision of the required technical support to LGAs and other providers to ensure that education services are innovative, quality driven and focused on customer needs and requirements.
6. To facilitate RS provision of the required backstopping and supportive expertise to LGAs and other providers necessary for them to achieve targets and outputs as specified by the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training and PMO-RALG.
7. To collaborate with LGAs and other Education stakeholders to inspire staff within the area responsible for provision of education services to aspire for excellence;
8. To support LGAs in preparation and control of the budgets in accordance with Standing Orders, Financial and other Regulations and guidelines;
9. To advice LGAs and other Education Providers on expansion of Education opportunities and improvement of its quality at all levels in the region,
10. To coordinate, supervise, administer and evaluate the standard IV, standard VII, form II, IV, form VI, GATE and DTE examinations, in collaboration with NECTA and MOEVT.
11. To advise and provide leadership in the control of dropout and truancy in pre primary, primary and secondary schools, as well as pregnancy among primary and secondary school girls.
12. To facilitate RS provision of the required technical advice to LGAs and other stakeholders on improving school infrastructure to accommodate all types of learners (Child Friendly Schools) so as to ensure provision of quality education to all children,
13. To coordinate and facilitate RS provision of the required technical advice to LGAs and other players on school inspection reports /recommendations,
14. To monitor and advise the relevant authorities on performance of Council Education officers for improvement,
15. To validate, coordinate and analyze Education Data from LGAs and other players for various uses and educational planning in particular,
16. To monitor and evaluate educational programmes in respective region,
17. To administer form 1 selection in the region,
18. To coordinate transfer of students and teachers,
19. To approve the request for repetition in standard 1 to VI in accordance with existing regulations,
20. To coordinate and supervise the provision of Technical and Vocational Education, Special Needs Education and Higher Learning Education in the region,
21. To coordinate primary and secondary schools Sports, Games and Academics competitions (“UMITASHUMTA” and “UMISSETA”) in the region,
22. To participate in the process of identifying capacity gaps and training needs for LGAs staff basing on O & OD findings, capacity needs assessment and training needs assessment.
23. To serve as a technical resource in the RS responsible for promotion of sports activities in the region.
24. To serve as technical resource in the RS responsible for development of youth positive skills and attitudes.
25. To serve as technical resource in the RS responsible for determining cultural inhibitors and promoters to development planning.
26. To participate in identifying capacity building, training and development opportunities for staff found with capacity gaps and training needs, and.
27. Perform any other duties as assigned by relevant Authorities.